Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Surprisingly High View Count on Photo Posting Spreadsheet

Okay, it has been about 36 hours since I posted the previous Google+ photo posting statistics spreadsheet so I thought I'd go and take a look at how many views the spreadsheet posting has received.

Well, it turns out it has been viewed 11,679  times!  This raises many interesting questions about the inner workings of Google+.  Here is a screenshot of a snapshot of the view statistics (click on the image for full 1:1 resolution):


By comparison, one of my more popular photo postings receives only about 1,000 views over longer periods.  Since a large fraction of my followers probably added me because of my landscape photography postings, this makes the spreadsheet views statistic quite surprising.  I wish I had access to the attributes of the people who viewed this posting, ideally broken down by company and photography fan vs. techie.

No comments:

Post a Comment